GRW in historical perspective
From the beginning in 1942 till now.
The company was named "Gebrüder Reinfurt" because it was founded by the brothers Eugene and Hugo Reinfurt in 1942. Today, GRW is legally organised as a limited partnership (in Germany: GmbH & Co. KG). GRW stands for "Gebrüder Reinfurt Würzburg" (the company had formerly been based in Würzburg).
GRW specializes in the production of high precision, small, miniature and instrument bearings, as well as spindle bearings. In addition, bearing units (pre-assembled units), and special bearings made to customer requirements - CUSTOMIZED SOLUTIONS - and high-precision, rotationally symmetrical turned and ground parts are developed and produced.
The company had a workforce of only around 12 to 15 at the beginning of the ball bearing era. Soon after, there were 60 to 70 Employees.
More over 500 Employees in the headquarter and manufacturing facility in Rimpar, in the assembly plant in the Czech Republic and in the two sales offices in the United States are the basis for the innovation and know-how of the company.
Company foundation in Würzburg
Acquisition and establishment of the branch in Rimpar
First clean room for the assembly of ball bearings in Rimpar
Erweiterung des Werkes in Rimpar und Zusammenlegung der Montageflächen.
Acquisition and establishment of the branch in Czech Republic
Construction of the fifth facotry building in Rimpar
Foundation GRW USA
Takeover of the GRW shares by NIBC capital partners
Beginning of the new building in Rimpar 07/08
Start of different future-oriented new projects
Completion of the new building in Rimpar
Move of the administration in the new administration building and leaving Würzburg completely
Expansion of the plant in Czech Republic
Completion of the new building in Czech Republic
Establishment of a new sales office in the USA
Purchase of GRW by KAMAN