GRW: Measurement under real conditions.
The test module developed by GRW can be freely lined to form test series. Automated and with a minimum of personnel expenditure, it tests the lifetime of high-speed dental handpieces, allowing for fast and efficient comparison of a development stage with the previously determined reference.
For evaluation of the performance characteristics of the entire system, the test process in respect of the mechanical load cycle and test criteria can be parameterized and is thus objectively reproducible. Calibration, test parameter settings and documentation of results are carried out on a commercially available PC. The actual test is carried out self-sufficiently.
An LED displays the current operational state all the time. The position of the test specimen can be repeatedly set with the help of an adjusting device. The smoothly running pneumatic load unit decelerates the test specimen with a force of between 0.1 and 6 N and to an accuracy of +/-0.1 N. The load unit can be calibrated with a force sensor. The instrument holder can be adjusted in any direction, so that as many different instruments as possible can be fixed in position. The magnetically operating speed sensor records speeds from 20,000 to 600,000 rpm.
- Pentium PC or similar
- Minimum 256 MB RAM
- Windows 2000 or XP
- Screen with at least 800 x 600 pixels
- Free USB 2.0 port for connecting the test module
- Free USB 2.0 port for connecting the load sensor
Benefits for the user compared to traditional test methods:
- Up to 7,000 test cycles can be executed without interruption and maintenance by members of the staff.
- Uniform test processes that can be exactly reproduced.
- The operation of the modules merely requires an electrical power connection and clean compressed air.
- The test capacity can be expanded at any time by additional modules.
- Easy documentation: the data can be read out as a text file.
The GRW Orakel III is available for purchase – price upon request:
phone: +49 (0) 93 65/819 - 0